This release contains minor fixes, including one important crash.
- Fixed: Crash on macOS 10.10.
- Fixed: Zoom state of graphs should now be remembered between restarts.
- Improved: Cleaned up vibrancy and appearance of the toolbar on older versions of macOS.
- Improved: Connection Quality monitors now get a sensible default description.
- Fixed: Intermittent crash due to inconsistent locking.
- Fixed: Crash if choosing a macOS System color from the color chooser.
- New: Added "Last 7 Days" period to the History dropdown.
- New: Added a shortcut button to go straight to editing the interface of an SNMP target.
- Improved: Re-worked the "Target" tab in Preferences. Target Description is now at the very top (click to edit) and the overall layout has been simplified and de-cluttered.
- Fixed: Choosing which target to monitor for Usage could sometimes have unexpected results.
- Fixed: Usage Monitoring can now only be enabled if you have a working Bandwidth Monitor.
- Fixed: The horizonal time-scale labels now change color when switching Dark Mode on and off.
- Fixed: Some minor tweaks to colors for Dark Mode.
- New: Added 'Summary Bar Position' option to choose whether the Summary Bar appears above or below the graph.
- New: Re-enabled the option to force Light or Dark interface modes on macOS Mohave.
- Fixed: On macOS 10.13 and older, the graph toolbar wouldn't hide behind the Summary Bar.
Thanks for all you feedback and support. If you're experiencing issues, please get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
- New: Dark Mode lovers rejoice! This release includes full support for Dark Mode in macOS Mohave. PeakHour will now automatically adjust it's look and color scheme according to your choice of Appearance in System Preferences. For those that use a tool like Night Owl to automatically adjust Dark Mode, PeakHour will adapt it's look without needing a restart. For those still on pre-Mohave versions of macOS, the options to change to Dark appearance are still available in Display.
- New: Connection Quality now records Packet Loss statistics, not just latency. Packet Loss is shown in the History view as a second series and is recorded in Logs and Exports.
- New: Added a new 'Export to CSV...' option to History. In addition to Logging, you can now export the data shown in the History view to a CSV file, allowing that data to be further analysed or shared with others.
- New: The New Target button ('+') in Preferences now shows a drop-down menu, making it easier to access options such as Monitor This Mac.
- Tweaked: The Configuration Assistant has been subtly tweaked to be more intuitive.
- Tweaked: The main UI has been subtly tweaked. Based on your feedback, one of the more noticible changes is that the information area has been moved to above the graph in Detailed mode. This should be more readable and logical.
- Tweaked: The main UI graph toolbar has been updated, with the button to open the History window made more prominent and obvious as to what it does.
- Fixed: A raft of small and not-so-small stability enhancements, fixes and optimisations that should make this the most stable and performant version yet.
- Under the hood: Built with the latest macOS Mohave 10.14 SDK and Paddle V4 SDK. All Swift code has been updated to Swift 4.2.